Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Walls of Shame

The night has come and closes around me.
A cold and dreadful chill runs up my spine.
The only thing that covers me is
The humble shame which more than likely
Will not dissapear or vanish.
My heart pounds with nowhere to turn
As I sit in silence contemplating
This case which I have made against myself.

It seemed like a good idea but now
I'm not so sure, wanting to go back but
Turning only to run head on into a brick wall.
While my walls of shame close in around me
I find peace in my one and only hope:
That I will soon wish to have no part in
This hypocrisy which I willfully attend,
Becoming bored with that which I have become.

My mind wanders, no rhyme or reason,
Looking for justification but none found .
A voice pertrudes from the darkness so soft
Yet so powerful that it could shake the foundations
Of this place which we prideful beings call home.
It speaks of peace......peace......so compelling and persuasive
That I have no other choice but to believe......
This too shall pass....This too shall end...

No comments: